WARNING - This blog may cause uncontrollable fits of laughter. If you are a naturally grumpy person, prone to attacks of severe pessimism, this blog is not recommended for you.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Blues and Whites

Somewhere over the rainbow, many people live in what are called "Tropical Climates".  These are the poor souls who have quite possibly never seen the magic known as "Snow" and live very sad lives.

But here in Utah, one of the most desired things that anyone wants for Christmas is snow.  We want it to fall from the heavens in beautiful frozen fractals so that we can have beautiful white Christmas.

Sadly, in the past, we have been severely disappointed.  But this year, I'm truly hoping makes up for it.

Now I know what you're thinking.

"Madison, if you want snow so much why don't you just conjure it up?  You claim to be both Storm and magic so why don't you do something about it if you want it so badly?"

*Sigh* readers.  You have no idea how much I wish I could.

For me Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year.  I love seeing the lights, and smelling the pine trees.  I love eating the food (because of course this time of year you have every excuse NOT to follow through on diets).  And of course I love the presents (getting and giving).  But Christmas for me just isn't complete without the flurries of whiteness that make our world so magical.

So far this year I've been very . . . VERY disappointed.

Every morning I glance out my window like an excited child on the first day of school, desperately hoping to see storm clouds or whole feet of snow outside.  Every morning I'm disappointed as nothing can be seen and more snow melts away in our winter sun.

Listening to Christmas music just isn't the same when there aren't snow storms to go along with some of the many lyrics.

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas?"  Me too buddy.  Me too.  Will I get one?  I'd better.  (Insert legendary Madison Death Glare here.)

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."  Why not?!  The East is buried in Snow but what do I have to show for it?

"I'm walking in a winter wonderland."  I'm not.

"Frosty the Snowman."  I can barely even make a snow baby let alone a full fledged magical meltable man.

*Sigh*

Christmas is a time of good cheer and happiness.  And I know many of the folks I'm surrounded by are grateful they don't have to be driving in winter wonderlands.  But at the same time, without the flurries that make winter so grand here in Utah, there is definitely something . . . missing.

And how noticeable that missing ingredient is.

With 8 days left till Christmas day my flurries don't have long to get their acts together before yet another snowless Christmas has come and gone.  But fear not my loyal subjects!  I do intend to exercise my magical powers to their fullest extent and make this Christmas quite the memorable one.

Happy Holidays and *heres to hoping for a full on snow storm Christmas day.




*This in no way means that I'm routing for bad road conditions for those of you traveling on Christmas day.  Drive safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment